Skip to main content
The National Coal Council's Activities Include Providing The Secretary Of Energy With Advice On:
- Federal policies that directly or indirectly affect the production, marketing and use of coal;
- Plans, priorities and strategies to address more effectively the technological, regulatory and social impact of issues relating to coal production and use;
- The appropriate balance between various elements of Federal coal-related programs;
- Scientific and engineering aspects of coal technologies, including emerging coal conversion, utilization or environmental control concepts; and
- The progress of coal research, development, demonstration and commercial application.